Making the CRG Trophy

My good friend Felipe Martinez of the CRG Department of SITEL asked me to make for him a trophy in order to make a special prize for the agents.
It is not common for me to make sculptures recently because my arthritis is getting worse and the epoxy-clay is chemically agressive with my hands. Anyway I had a nice time in Felipe's workgroup and that was the main reason to make an exception.
I decided to place two human shapes in the neck of the trophy to sustain the sphere and place the CRG and SITEL letters at the base.
For the sphere I decided to use a baroque style for detailing and add my known admiration for H. R. Giger's work complicating the final details and texture.
It took me almost three weeks to get everything I wanted to achieve what I wanted for the sculpture. Even I placed a Holographic semitranslucent film at the base to place my signature because I felt proud of having still the ability to create shapes instead of only imitating another works as most of the modeling clay so called artists.
At the end I delivered the piece to Felipe and I know for sure that they do not realize the unique and rare piece of art given to them but...
If a call center were a place full of geniouses, they might be today working for NASA ;)
I'll keep this record as one of the many memories of my work.

Haciendo el trofeo de CRG

Mi buen amigo Felipe Martinez del departamento de retencion de sitel, me solicitó hacer un trofeo para incentivar a los agentes.
No es común que realizé piezas escultóricas recientemente porque mi artritis está empeorando y la plastilina epóxica esta manifestándose agresiva químicamente con mis manos. De cualquier modo pasé un tiempo agradable en los grupos a cargo de Felipe y ello fué razón suficiente para hacer una excepción.
Decidí ubicar dos formas humanas en el cuello de la pieza como sustento de la esfera
y posicionar las siglas de CRG y SITEL en la base.
Para la esfera me incliné por darle un estilo barroco para los rasgos generales y hacer uno de mis acostumbrados homenajes a H. R. Giger, complicando los detalles finales y la textura.
Me tomó casi tres semanas obtener todo lo que esperaba de la pieza. Incluso agregué una película translúcida holográfica en la base para firmar el trabajo ya que me sentí orgulloso de mantener todavía la destreza de crear formas en lugar de imitar tan sólo como es común en los llamado artistas del modelado.
Finalmente le hice llegar la pieza a Felipe y estoy seguro que no se dan cuenta de lo singular y única que resulta la pieza que se les confeccionó pero...
Si un centro telefónico de atención a clientes estuviese lleno de genios...
Supongo que daría servicio a la NASA ;)
Guardaré este respaldo como una de las muchas anécdotas de mi trabajo.
Aldo Rodrigo Sanchez Tovar
aldocid@hotmail.com
818 206 31 74

Comments

Popular Posts