The origins of CRONOS Tiempo de Todo!


New blog post at the CRONOS Tiempo de Todo! English Webpage.

Now,

I will try to set a historic view of our group so you can follow properly the events that formed us on the last 15 years.

Back in 1996 I've visited a bussiness where I met Alfredo Silva, a graphic artist, and Edgar Bocanegra, a young psichology student who used to make swords and medieval weapons.

To that moment I had over 20 years making modeling clay figures and sculpture art for museums.

Even, I had my experiments with clay-mation (Frame by Frame animation) and over the years, had discovered several uses for my plastic ability.

My idea was to open a place where children and young people can learn art by presenting them the most simple introduction: get their interest for comic books and movies and transforming it in a way to develop skills in sculpture, paint and design. Also it could be the platform for young artist to become known and confident.

The problem was that I had no resources or the slightiest idea of how to develop an idea like this in my country.

Asked for an interview with cultural authorithies of my state, but far from understanding, I've received a rude treatment and the advice that groups formed by young people were doomed to failure. I was 27 back then.

I decided to ride the horse anyway and rented a place in downtown and with my income as embalmer will pay the expenses if the idea need time to develop in society.

I was surrounded by some talented artists but most of them were very young and most of them were unmarried, still lived with their parents and were pretty inmature.

This was a very rough start, I was very afraid of trying something that I knew it worked and was very welcome in the civilized world but back in my country and specifically in my city there is still to much fear of leaving behind old vices.

Surprisingly, from the start we were lucky, media discovered with our work stories that made an impression in the public and even several people from government started to become better listeners of my proposals.

But nothing lasts forever. My message was clear from the start.

I wanted a place that had to be safe for children and young people.

In my experience, to place art and youth very close without the proper supervision result in three major mistakes:

1.- Some artists have many problems such as depression, inconsistence, alcoholism, drugs or sexual paraphilias.

The worst would be to get kids influenced by these examples that I do not doubt they are gifted and talented, they are not the best (or only choice).

2.- Some artists in the other hand, overestimate their experience and value and it is not the best example for kids and young ones to be influenced by "elder gods" who overwhelm them with the elghtment of their talent but in reality use their class only as captive public of their vanity.

3.- To be a fine artist doesn't ensure that they have the proper skills to transmit and teach artistic methodology.

 Aldo Rodrigo Sánchez Tovar
Fundador de CRONOS Tiempo de Todo!
​Privada Miguel Filomeno Martínez No. 554
Centro Monterrey, Nuevo León C.P. 64000
aldocid@hotmail.com
818 206 31 74
1929 0129
 

Comments

Popular Posts